Wednesday, February 6, 2013

C-SORT

Took the C-SORT today. I was told by my mentor that it's scored 1-3.
Here's how I did...
So I'm not really sure what to make of the scores, but I got a 3 for my band score and a 99 y-value score
Supposedly these are very good, but I'll let you know how that score is when my mentor gets back to me.

If anyone knows the max score can you tell me or point me in a direction. As I said above my Mentor told me 3 is the highest, but online it says 4 is the highest. I can't really make sense of the scores with what I know right now.

All I can tell you about the test is that it's a basic personality tests. I was afraid when I was taking it because you honestly can't tell how you're doing. All I can tell you is that as long as you answer the questions honestly you'll do just fine. Don't worry about trying to trick it just tell it who you are and as long as your PST scores are good enough you'll get a contract.

Good Luck!

9 comments:

  1. What was the most insane question you had to answer?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't share that information with you. It's not insane though. I know that everyone thinks SEALs are crazy mfers, but that's not the case. Remember they're just normal (maybe normal isn't the right word) highly motivated individuals. The things they do aren't super human, just super motivated.

      The test is to help identify those that are real people and motivated.

      Delete
  2. For anyone interested, I believe that the C-SORT is modeled after this http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minnesota_Multiphasic_Personality_Inventory

    Not positive but this seems like the closest example to the test I took and like JAG said, just be honest because the test can tell when you are lying.


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. JAG,

      When you figure out the scoring (y-value in particular) let us know if you can. I took it a few years ago when they were first implementing it and scored a 4. Apparently, the test has changed.

      Thanks and good job!

      Delete
    2. So I posted it in the update, but the band score is now 1-3 (3 being the highest) and the Y-score is 1-99 (99 being the highest) Essentially I couldn't actually have scored better on it.

      Delete
  3. I just took it today and the band is 1-4 not 1-3 And the y value is indeed 1-99

    ReplyDelete
  4. My senior chief told me it was 1-3, there seems to be some confusion on this though so I really don't know what to tell you, I'm just repeating what I was told

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maybe the creators of the C-SORT themselves forgot whether they wanted to score 1-3 or 1-4, lol. Seriously speaking, this inconsistency is very unprofessional.

    ReplyDelete
  6. From what I have read the test was 1-4 and now 1-3.

    ReplyDelete